Thursday 22 October 2015

Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner Review

After reading about this much loved, raved about and completely sold out product many times on various beauty blogs including that of skincare goddess Caroline Hirons, I knew that, being the sheep I am I just HAD to jump on the bandwagon and give it ago! So just over a month ago I finally invested in a bottle and have been testing it out since to answer the question all of us want to know, is it really worth all the hype?


I have always struggled with 'gritty' exfoliators, as I often find my skin is too sensitive and they are too abrasive (maybe I just get too carried away with my scrubbing?), leaving it dry and sore. Either way they don't seem to work for me. On the website the product is described as being "Oxygenating. Exfoliating facial glow tonic. It helps tone, firm and tighten the skin. It removes dead skin cells for healthier looking skin. " In short is is an exfoliating toner, assisting with the removal of dead skin.



I was a bit sceptical about using a chemical cleanser having never used one before, and was worried it potentially could be harsh on the skin. However, after having used the tonic for about a month, most nights before bed. After cleansing, and before moisturising, I find it is not harsh on the skin at all. The toner gives an almost instant tingly freshness to the skin. It has a water-like consistency and when dried leaves no irritating, sticky residue behind on the skin. Over the past few weeks I have also noticed a number of longer term effects on my face, it feels noticeably smoother, brighter, pores are less noticeable, I have fewer dry patches and it seems altogether less blemished. As a result of this my makeup seems to blend into and sits on my skin more nicely than before. As a side note it is both oil and alcohol free which is a massive plus for those who suffer with either oily, dry or combination skin. 


It's a yes from me!


Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner is priced at £18 a bottle and available online here or in the flagship Carnaby Street store. 

For some £18 may seem expensive, but for a product which works so well for most I think its a good deal. I reckon a bottle of this will last me around five/six months despite using it most nights before bed. For those students (like myself) who can't face shelling out this much for a toner its available on asos here and you can use your 10% student discount on it, score!

Lots of Love 
Katie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© katie-iona | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig