Saturday 19 December 2015

Rimmel 'Kate' Lipstick

Recently I've been attempting to feed my insatiable makeup addiction in a less costly way, and have been trying out more and more inexpensive 'drugstore' products. Rimmel is by far one of my favourite affordable brands, weirdly though I've never actually tried any of their lipsticks. So last month I picked up a few lipsticks from the much raved about Rimmel 'Kate' collections and have been testing each of them out ever since. Here's what I thought...
From L to R: 45, 03, 107, 08, 48
First things first, each of these lipsticks has a sweet fruity scent, nothing too overpowering, which I absolutely love!

The Nudes: (cream casing)
45 A delicate rose nude which comes off as very sheer on my lips, almost balm like though sadly not quite as moisturising. Perhaps it is formulated in such a way to make it more universally flattering. Due to its balmy consistency it only lasted an hour or two on the lips. 

48 A deep dark chocolatey burgundy nude, I think this is probably aimed at darker skintones than mine but I love it all the same. Once applied it is not completely opaque but more so than 45, giving it a longer staying power of around three to four hours.

Lasting finish: (Black casing)
03  A soft pink nude which very much an everyday lippy for me and my skintone. Rimmel promises 8 hours of wear with this collection but if I'm honest its more like 4.

08 My personal favourite out of all the lippies I picked up. A soft dusty rose shade with a hint of mauve the perfect nude for my skintone, for me its a gorgeous your lips but better shade. (Also its a great dupe for MAC Faux, at just a fraction of the price!) When applied it has a demi-matte almost frosty finish. 

Matte Collection: (Red casing)
107 A sophisticated red mulberry wine colour. I have never been one to wear a red lipstick as I don't think they suit me very much. This however isn't a bright bright red and doesn't look too harsh with pale skin as some reds seem to. It's incredibly pigmented once applied with as the name of the collection suggests a Matte finish. This lipstick wears quite heavily, and if your lips are dry clings to the dry patches, this however can easily be avoided by prepping and priming your lips. For me this lipstick is definitely a new favourite for the festive period!
Swatches From L to R: 45, 03, 107, 08, 48

These lovely lipsticks are priced at a very reasonable £5.49, I think at this price they really can't be faulted! You can find them online here. For anyone else trying to save a bit of money, when I bought these they were on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots (they're pretty much always on offer in either Boots or Superdrug.) Amazing!

Have you tried any of the Rimmel Kate lippies? If so what did you think? Let me know!

Love,
Katie x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've heard so many amazing things about these lipsticks, love the look of 48!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kate moss lipsticks not tried any of the nudes. Nice picks I love all the shades
    Carrieanne X
    Beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rimmel lipsticks are my fave! Considering they're so cheap compared to Mac lipsticks they're so fab - 107 is one of my favourite shades for this time of year!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rimmel lipsticks are definitely a favourite of mine !! They are so cheap but are amazing quality and last for AGES on your lips .. My faves have to be 107 and 01!

    I have not true the nude colours though .. Must pick them up on my next shop !

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these lipsticks!!! 08 is a personal fave of mine!! Such good value for money x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for introducing me to this range! such good value and long lasting!

    thanks katie x

    ReplyDelete

© katie-iona | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig